Dear Graduating MSW Students,
In response to the recent closure of the SSW building, we have negotiated an alternative option with LEAP. Here is what you need to know:
1. We are offering an online home version of the LMSW practice exam for this semester only as a way to provide the service to graduating students.
2. Students will have access to the practice exam from their home computers for 3 months.
3. Offering this option is unprecedented for both SSW and LEAP and we will return to computer lab based tests once the SSW has reopened to students.
4. Due to the internal costs related to providing this option, this service is only available to students graduating in May, July or December 2020.
5. Also, due to the cost, we can only offer this option to a limited number of students and we will stop accepting form submissions on Tuesday March 31st at 11:59pm.
6. I will be in touch with more information once we have reached this deadline.
7. Submit your interest in taking advantage of this option by submitting this form: https://umbforms.wufoo.com/forms/m1ikgou0o2u54v/
I’m excited that we are able to offer this service as a way to support you during this time of remote learning.
Wishing you and your families well,
Dawn Shafer, LCSW-C
(she/her or they/them
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
University of Maryland School of Social Work