The commencement ceremony features a student who will deliver a 3- to 5-minute speech on behalf of all the graduates. If you would like to self-nominate, please submit the following information to Nancy Gordon, Executive Director of Protocol and Special Events at email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019. Remember, these remarks are made on behalf of all graduating students!
· full name
· full mailing address
· phone number
· email address
· academic program
· an outline of your comments (not to exceed one page)
· a narrative describing why you believe you are a strong nominee for this selection (not to exceed one page)
-- Executive Director of Protocol and Special Events will review submissions to make sure they meet basic requirements. Those that qualify will be reviewed by the selection committee. Incomplete nomination paperwork will not be considered.
-- A committee will review all nominations and invite selected individuals for one-on-one interviews with the selection committee soon after the Feb. 15 deadline.
-- Committee will select a finalist in March.
-- The selection committee will consist of:
Senior Vice President for External Affairs
Associate Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs
Student Affairs Deans
Executive Director, Protocol and University Events
Associate Director, University Events
Student representative from USGA
A graduating student or student group will be chosen to perform the national anthem at Commencement. There is a brass quintet that can accompany the performance. Auditions will be held in early March. Contact Nancy Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
There will be a friendly competition for a student-produced video set to music that will be featured during the Commencement program. Runner-up videos will be shown in on the big screens before the ceremony begins.
· Videos should be five minutes or less.
· Keep it clean!
· Subtitles are preferred
· Videos produced in the past two years by current graduating students may be submitted
· Must include credits
· Must be reviewed by your student affairs dean prior to submission
· Submissions are due by April 12, 2019, and will be reviewed by the same group as speaker auditions.