Join us for the 2018 NOFSW Conference!
The Changing Face of Forensic Social Work
In today’s ever-changing socio-political climate, the field of forensic social work is more relevant than ever. On the front lines, in our institutions of higher education and from within legal systems, forensic social workers – along with our multidisciplinary allies and partners – are leading change on a national…and global…scale.
We invite YOU to be part of the changing face of forensic social work by coming to the 2018 NOFSW conference to present on or learn about cutting-edge innovations in our field.
* Featured Speaker: Madeleine Landrieu
Dean of Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, former judge on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal for the State of Louisiana
* Pre-Conference - Forensic Social Work Certificate Program
* Up to 19.5 Continuing Education hours approved for social workers and psychologists.
Wide range of topics including:
* Advocating for Political Prisoners and their Families: A Radical Social Work Approach
* Working for the Crew: Understanding Gang Controlled Exploitation
* Familiar Faces: Ending the Criminal Justice Response to Behavioral Health Crisis
* Mothers Talk Back: Exploring the Experiences of Formerly Incarcerated Mothers
* Client-Centered and Trauma Informed Practice in a Criminal Justice Setting
* Cultural Diversity and Social Work Practice in the Forensic Setting
* Public Defense Social Workers of the New Era
* Criminal Defense-Based Social Work & Self-Care
* Much, Much More!
- Conference attendees will increase their knowledge, values and skills for working with forensic populations in healthcare, social service, and legal settings, including the courts and corrections
Conference Information and Registration
Hyatt Centric French Quarter Hotel
New Orleans, LA
June 19-22, 2018
Register by May 22 and Save!