Are you interested in:
- Inter-Professional Education (IPE)
- Community Service in Baltimore City Elementary Schools
- Teaching children about healthy eating and physical activity
The Healthiest Maryland Schools (HMS) Program is seeking UMB students to serve as Health Leaders for an IPE opportunity for the Spring 2018 semester. HMS aims to reduce childhood obesity by encouraging healthy eating & active living for children in Kindergarten-5th grade, and encouraging UMB students to work inter-professionally to address a community need.
- Attend a one day training orientation (Saturday, February 3rd from 9:00am-2:30pm), and commit to volunteering one hour per week
- Work in inter-disciplinary teams representing various UMB schools to lead groups of children through lessons on nutrition and physical activity
- Engage in IPE activities consistent with the Core Competencies for Inter-Professional Collaborative Practice (Team Building, Inter-Professional Communication, Roles & Responsibilities, and Values & Ethics)
Lessons are held in West Baltimore City elementary schools Mondays through Thursdays between 2:40-5:30 pm.
For more information or to sign up, please use the following link: tinyurl.com/HMSSpring2018 or contact Salma Sharaf, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com.